Services for ages 5 yrs to 85yrs
M-TH 9A-9P   F-SAT 9A-6P 
Sunday- closed  /  Hablamos Espanol

Commonly Asked Questions...

Counseling Services for the Entire Family

Q. What type of people seek counseling?
A. All types. Counseling is for anyone who would like to change something in their life.

Q. How do I know if I need counseling?
A. Do you feel that "something is wrong" or has your family, friends, or job told you that "you're different"? if so, you should seek counseling just to make sure.

Q. What can I expect at a counseling session?
A. The first session is named an "Intake." It simply means "getting to know you".  Each session after that will be helping you reach your goals.

Q.. What should I do if I cannot afford counseling?
A. We offer a limited amount of scholarships.

Q. Do you accept insurance? If so, which ones?
A. We do accept insurance. Please phone 469-844-5437 or email info@holmanfamilyservices.com to learn which ones.

Q. What are the rules regarding confidentiality?
A. The HIPAA law is outlined on the confidentiality page.

Q. How long is a counseling session?
A. Intake Sessions last 1 and 1/2 hours.  Individual Sessions are 45 min.  Family Sessions are 60 min.  Marriage Sessions are 60 min.

Q. How do I know if myself or my child needs to be hospitalized?
A. If you or your child is in danger of hurting themselves or hurting someone else you should go to your nearest emergency room or phone the emergency number in your area (911).

Q. I'm thinking: "I want to kill myself" or "I want to go to sleep forever" or "I want to kill someone else" what should I do?
A. You should call the emergency number in your area (911) immediately.

Q. Should I file for a divorce?
A. No one can make that decision for you. You should make an appointment, so that you can discuss your feelings with one of our licensed counselors.

Q. I do not manage my time well, do I need counseling?
A. Anyone can seek counseling for anything they would like to change in their life.

Q. How do I know if my child needs counseling?
A. Complete the Brief Assessment and make an appointment. Let our licensed therapists help you make that decision after your child has received an assessment.

Q. My child is driving me crazy! What do I do?
A. Make an appointment.  Our licensed Child Therapists can help your family.